Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Tunes.

If you are anything like me, you have been jamming out to "Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars every time it comes on the radio. I am not going to lie: I dashboard drum and whip my hair back and forth to this song whenever I hear it along my travels. The worst thing I ever did was download the song to my iPhone. It's on my "running playlist" and whenever it comes on, I always think of the Victoria's Secret fashion show and how amazing those girls looked. It gives me some motivation to run my Nikes a little faster on the treadmill.
 
It's no secret that I love Bruno Mars. He is a handsome litle devil who can sang. His little fedoras and island jams always make me happy. So, when I knew his album was coming out I was determined to get it - or at least listen to it. I have listened to the whole album on Spotify numerous times, but I never got around to buying it: that is, until this week. I finally obtained the album on my iPhone and I am just so totally obssessed with it. So, Bruno Mars is going to be the theme of today's Tuesday Tunes. I don't think you all will mind, right?
 

When I Was Your Man | Bruno Mars
Currently, I am pretty sure evry female all over the world is obssessed with this song. I mean, they have good reason. This song got me the first time I heard it. I got a little choked up and say him banging it out on the piano and I just shed a little tear for him. I just wanted to hug him and tell him that everything is going to be okay and he can buy he flowers, hold my hand and spend his hours with me.
 
Natalie | Bruno Mars
I am pretty sure it's the beat that has me loving this song. It sounds like a revenge country song, but it's Bruno Mars. I don't know the proper words to describe this song. It reminds me of that Maroon 5 song Ladykiller. I am not sure why, but it does. It's just a good jam and Bruno is just flawless with his vocals all over the joint. 
 
Show Me | Bruno Mars
One of the main reasons why I love Bruno is because he has such a wonderful range. He can sing pop music, he can go soul and gospel and then he can do this island-reggae stuff. I personally love the feel of this song and how it makes me want to be laying in the sun somewhere getting a killer tan as he just sings this to me. Again, this is also coming from the girl who likes "I shot the sherrif".
 
Why don't you sit back, grab a drink and have Bruno transport you to a beautiful island paradise with his voice, and all of his hooligans.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bruno Mars!! Except whenever I watch one of his music videos, I can't help but think he looks like a girl in a man's wig haha!

    ReplyDelete