Thursday, March 7, 2013

Over. Over. Over.

I am the first to admit it: I need third, fourth and fifth opinions before I do something. I need to ask everybody and their brother, and if that brother has another friend or animal around, I will also ask them. I just need verification or support for the decision I am going to make. It may be something as little as a pair of heels - no wait, I always buy the heels, no matter what - or whether I should go up and talk to a guy that I think is cute. Everyone's opinion is welcome. Whether I listen to them is a totally different story. I like to see what other people think and get some different views on things. But, essentially, I will always do what I want. Whether I spend $30 on heels I don't need, or want to vomit the entire time I am talking to that attractive male.
 
See, that's easy to say, right?
I do what I want.
I like to say "I do what I want" and think that I am actually doing what I want. But, am I actually letting other people affect my choice? That, I don't know. Is it possible? Abso-stinking-lutely. But, I am currently trying to make a conscious effort to (really) do what I want. Yes, I will always ask for other people to chime in and tell me what they think, but I am not going to let me persuade me to do something I don't want to do. Why? Because, I do what I want. Not what you want. Not want my friends want. Not what Taylor Swift wants. Not what your dog wants. What I, Marissa Faith, wants.
 
I found this little mantra on Pinterest and I couldn't have agreed more, so clearly I had to make a little word graphic, you know. I am finally going to do what makes me happy, and do what I want. I don't care if I look like a fool or wear heels too high I fall over. I will do it, learn from it and move on.
 
Anyone else with me?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment