Thursday, December 6, 2012

Is it really the most wonderful time of the year?

I can totally admit that I love Christmas, just about as much as the next elf, but sometimes Ihave those moments where you just want to start going around hacking down Christmas trees.
Am I the only one?
Table for one. Check please
 
Now, now. Don't be looking at this post at me with your little judging eyes, because you shouldn't be judging me!  I absolutely guarantee that you are going to agree with all the things that I am about to say. So, put on your ugly Christmas sweater and buckle up, reindeer.
 
 
Christmas traffic. You can't even tell me that you all aren't cursing under your breath when you are sitting in a line of cars and then that really old boat car pulls infront of you and it's some grandma who doesn't even wave to thank you for not really letting her out, but letting her out. C'mon now, admit it. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that people forget how to freaking drive when there is traffic. Hey buddy, you stay in your lane and I'll stay in mine. Oh, oh! And, ITS' CALLED A BLINKER, BUTTFACE.
 
Long waiting lines. I am the most impatient person in the entire universe so I don't have time to be standing around doing nothing waiting for some cashier to ring me out. Whichever store I manage to go into, they are always really slow. I mean, when I am at work and we are waiting on people we wanna get them in and out and make it as painless as possible, but when I am sitting in a line for more than five minutes, I start to get hives. Nobody has got time for that. Then when I get closer to the register they always have stuff set up that you want to buy. Yup, I end up buying that stuff. Ohmigawd, look how tiny this chapstick is, I need it! We've all done it.
 
"Santa Baby". I love Christmas music as we all should know.This song just really gets under my skin. I can't do it. I have heard so many different versions and half the time the women sound so awful singing it that I just want to punch the speakers out. Yes, a song can be too whiny.
 
Yankee Swap. I am sure this is fun when you don't have to do it all the time, every year. I am actually involved in two of them and the limit is $5. Like, I don't want to be that person who buys a crappy gift, so I never really know what to get. I usually think of something the day of and just wing it. But, the simple fact that I am involved in two, that means that is $10 less that I won't have. I mean, c'mon now, I need coffee money for when holiday hours at work start.
 
 Claymation movies. I THINK THEY ARE JUST STRAIGHT UP SILLY. Don't hate me, but I would rather be at the dentist than have to watch a stop motion movie. Unless it's this one:
 


 



3 comments:

  1. I agree the clay people got to go, the cashiers should be more attentive, and ignorant drivers should be banned from the roadways, Period!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made my day. Not even joking. I will tell you why.

    1.Traffic. I recently moved as you know and well my dumb self picked to live by the BEST, but BUSIEST mall in town. The traffic is horrendous even when its NOT Christmas. I can only imagine how bad it is going to get before it doesn't get better.

    2.Lines. Hate them more than anything. I went to Walmart the other night and kid you not I was pissed. I mean its not enough that they have 30 check out lines, but like 4 open. The lady checking us out was SLOWER than Christmas. Like Christmas came twice while I was waiting on her to scan the people in front of us. Sidenote: she put 4 GLASS jars of spaghetti sauce/alfredo sauce in one bag, with some other stuff and then put a box of Cheese Its in its own bag...

    3. Santa Baby. Go listen to Michael Buble's version. You'll hate it even more. I don't even know how to explain it.

    Love this and love you :) Glad I could write a mini post in your comments!

    ReplyDelete