Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oh, she's just being Miley...Marissa?

Today, I have a secret. Do you want to know what it is?
Come closer. Real close. Press your face to the screen.
No, not that close, back up.
Miley Cyrus inspired my blog.
image
I know, I know. Allow me to explain.
 
All throughout my middle school awkward stage I would spend my nights watching Disney Channel, and 99.9% of the time I would be watching Hannah Montana. I wouldn't care if I saw the episode 574 times before, I would watch it again until I could quote the entire thing word for word. I loved Miley - both Stewart and Cyrus. At the time, I was the biggest fan of the music she would make as Hannah aswell. I would be jamming out to it on my little iPod Nano, back when they weren't so mini. I ws the biggest fan and no one could tell me that me that it was anything less than perfection. And I mean, she had awesome guest stars like Jesse McCartney, Corbin Bleu, Selena Gomez and the JoBros. I mean, my teenybopper heart nearly exploded. When her 3D movie came out, my dad took me on Valentine's Day as my gift. I was quite literally the happiest person in the world in that moment.
 
And on goes my awkward life as a fangirl over everything Disney.
But, back to the whole point of this post which is how Miley Cyrus inspired my blog.
Coming up with a great name for a blog is hard. You want it to be different, unique and reflect you. I had many other names before I was Just Being Marissa and none of them really seemed to fit my personality. Then one day I randomly had this line come into my head "my best friend Leslie said, oh she's just being Miley." Where did that thought come from? I couldn't shake it. I looked up where in God's name I got that from because, I haven't listened to my Hannah Montana jams since I was thirteen. It was from her song "See You Again". I nodded my head like yeah, and realized Just Being Marissa would be a great name for a blog. I agreed with myself and hence le blog came into existance.
I have kind of put my love for Milers on the back burner since I on a whim saw the Hannah Montana movie with my cousin a few years back. But, I am recently begining to love the new short-haired, fiesty Miley. No, she may not make the world's best decisions and she may have changed a lot, but she is just being her and worry about her. She isn't about making anyone else happy but herself, and that is admirable. Thanks for inspiring me yet again, Destiny Hope.
Confession: I asked for white cowboy boots one Christmas because that's what Hannah Montana wore.


1 comment:

  1. I watched the Hannah Montana show when I was a kid, too, and I loved it. I never liked her music that much because I'm more of a country fan than a pop fan, but that was really one funny show. I like the idea of just being yourself, too. No copying anybody else, whether or not "you" are cool. I love being me, that's for sure. :P

    ReplyDelete