Monday, May 13, 2013

My blog wears deodorant, I swear!

I have come to the realization that I just must be a stinky blogger, because as hard as I try, nothing really becomes successful of it. The fact of the matter is, I usually want to stay far away from my blog as possible, too! 

Sometimes I just feel this exorbitant amount of pressure to make this million dollar posts, have thousands of followers, hundreds of comments and be an all around Internet supah-stah. (There's my Rhode Island accent coming out there) But, I have come to realize that I really just need to blog for myself, to get my thoughts, ideas, rambles and all the other nonsense that clutters my brain down on some space. And hey, if other people decide to agree with my silliness and want to hop along the crazy train and follow me, then so be it! 

While that's all easy to say, and that's well and good, it's hard to really think like that. As I sit in my room, staring at a blank screen, wanting to post something of worth I get put back into these ruts where I just want to quit all over again. Now, I know quitting is not the answer. Quitters never win, and I like winning, so that's just out of the question. It is probably just hard for me because I am different than all the other amazing people who blog in the world, and that I follow on the daily. I don't have this really exciting life. I don't wear yoga pants to work, or run around having all kinds of shenanigans; I lead a pretty normal life. I am trying to embrace that for all it's worth and really try and get out there and be the blogger that I know I can be, gosh-darn-it. I am settling into what I want to be, and that will be a work in progress, but hopefully I can get where I am going, whether it be by plane, train or automobile. 

Then there is all these extra things that bloggers do that I don't want to conform to. Bloggers usually make their blogs their lives, which I don't want to do. Most people that I love to read have their Twitter and Instagram linked hand-in-hand with their blogs. I am not about changing my Twitter username to @lovealwaysmarissa and posting all these blog updates. That's just not me. I don't have time for it, and I literally would be so ADHD with it, I wouldn't even know what the heck I was doing. I don't want people to be following my blog, but be following me, as a person, if they like me - really like me. I am not going to be making a Twitter or Instagram for my blog, but my followers are more than welcome to follow my personal accounts that I make for the use of my friends and family. I am who I am, and I am not afraid for anyone to see it. My family and friends know I blog sometimes, and they even read it. Heck, even kids I went to high school with told me that they ever catch up with me every now and again, and I think that's totally awesome. I am not into hiding what I am saying or keeping my online life a secret, because I am just a very open person. I am who I am, Sam I am! I know I am taking this whole blogging approach differently than most people do, but I am just doing this the best way I see fit for me. 

So, just keep on trucking with me as I am getting this all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment